Mighty Bright Xtra Flex LED Booklight  » Electronics  »
  • The lights marketed for Kindle themselves, are about the same as what I bought

• by Rhonlynn

My one complaint, I guess it’s a complaint, with Kindle 2, is there is no light. I read alot at night, and need the light. I began searching on Amazon. com for such a light.

I wanted one with a gooseneck, and no exotic battery. Exotic battery means it is beyond double or triple A, harder to find, harder to load, and expensive. I didn’t want to pay alot for the light.

It needed to be neutral looking. The lights marketed for Kindle themselves, are about

the same as what I bought. Infact, the reviews don’t do them justice, so I’d not buy one after reading them.

I live near 2 major bookstores, and one large craft store, and figured I could find one there. I chose Hobby Lobby, cause I needed some needlework supplies. I looked at the hinge light, also by Mighty Bright, and that did not please me.

For a few dollars more, I chose the Xtra Flex LED Light. It is neutral, mine is grey. It has a ...

• clip that can be useful, not only for Kindle 2, but for needlework.

The clip is large enough for a Q-snap. It works great for my Kindle 2. I clipped it on the side, above the page turn controls, and turned it on.

The light is a nice, non glare, very bright light. It is a white light, not yellow (the hinger version is a yellowish light). It has a small control on the top of the bulb area, which seems stable, and is easy to move off

or on.

I really like the gooseneck, it can be moved in any direction, and is thin and graceful. The light is great for night time reading. It requires 3 double A batteries, that are easy to load with the cover, easy to remove and replace.

The light is light weight, and I can see where it’ll travel nicely. So, instead of going just to the Kindle accessories, it is worth it to check out others. This is great for the price.

I’m very pleased with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16303616310731/k2311a033/3.3.09