Short-Haired Hamsters  » Pets  »
  • One day in the fall, my girlfriend and I decided to buy a hamster
  • So, we got a hamster (who actually turned out to be pregnant, so after giving away several, we now have three hamsters, but that's a different issue)
  • As a result, it is not hamsters that are the problem, but the hamster owners

• by bannana873
      One day in the fall, my girlfriend and I decided to buy a hamster. We went to the pet store, and when we asked the salesman to show us the hamsters, he immediately said, “Oh, you don’t want those, they bite and they’re mean.

” He offerred to show us the much friendlier guinea pigs and gerbils.

My girlfriend and I, however, were insistent.

We were both previous hamster owners, and we wanted another one.

So, we got a hamster (who actually turned out to be pregnant, so after giving away several, we now have three hamsters, but that’s a different issue).

Well, I can say one thing: These hamsters do not bite.

In fact, the only time any of them have bitten either of us was ...

• when we accidentally grabbed the first hamster by her stomach while she was pregnant (an understandable reflex).

So, why do hamsters have the bad rap?

Fact is, many people get hamsters as pets for little kids.

It makes sense, cause they’re easy to take care of, and cute, a perfect combination for little kids.

However, little kids also insist on playing with the

hamsters, and often squeeze them in painful ways.

This provokes biting.

As a result, it is not hamsters that are the problem, but the hamster owners.

When people are careful about how they treat their hamsters, the hamsters will not bite, and will simply be adorably cute and easy to take care of.

Hamsters make for great pets, and I recommend them to anyone trying to teach their kids pet responsibility.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2960661620430/k2311a066/6.6.06