Movie : Forgetting Sarah Marshall  » Movies  »
  • Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a really funny movie

• by shawn the writer

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a really funny movie! My wife and I watched it the other night and were both pleasantly surprised. The movie features Jason Segal (who plays Marshall on “How I Met Your Mother) and Kristen Bell (who starred in the recently canceled “Veronica Mars”). Also in the movie is the girl who played Jackie on “That Seventies Show” and a lot of familar faces from Jeff Apatow’s prior movies, including the fat

kid from “Superbad” and Paul Rudd, who played in “The Forty Year Old Virgin.” All the acting is great across the board, from the stars to the bit players.

Segal is very funny and likeable, essentially playing the Marshall character he plays so well each week on “How I Met Your Mother.” He is a bit of a loser, but he is not totally pathetic, and I could relate to his character. He manages to ...

• bed numerous women which is a bit confusing. His ex-girlfriend, Sarah Marshall, is way out of his league, and we are not overly surprised when she dumps him. I have to give credit to Segal for his full-frontal nude scenes. I did not think many actors had the courage to do those anymore, especially in comedic scenes when they are not to be taken seriously.

Mia Kunis is absolutely stunning throughout the entire film. She

literally glows and is so charming. Kristen Bell’s character is certainly less than perfect but she does make her at least human.

This movie has a lot of raunchy humor but it also has a lot of heart. There is very little outright meanness from the characters. Everyone is presented with their flaws and all.

This was a very enjoyable movie and I really cannot find much to fault with it. I give it a 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11303616120531/k2311a033/3.3.09