Legos: Off Road Fire Rescue Set #7942  » Leisure  »
  • I like my Lego Off Road Fire Rescue Set #7942 that I recently purchased
  • I think this is lazy designing on Lego's part
  • It would not be hard or expensive to add a single swinging door that would solve this problem

• by shawn the writer

I like my Lego Off Road Fire Rescue Set #7942 that I recently purchased. It is a nice little set of 131 bricks and comes with one mini figure. The truck itself is probably the weak link of the set mostly because it does not have a door to the cab. Because the roof is so slow, you cannot slip

the figure in through the open window. So basically to get your mini figure in and out of the truck, you have to take off the roof. I think this is lazy designing on Lego’s part. It would not be hard or expensive to add a single swinging door that would solve this problem.

The rest of the truck is pretty neat, especially the front bumper, which includes multiple headlights and tow bar. The truck’s bed is pretty shallow but there is room for the rescue back, which also comes in the set, to fit in the back.

The trailer features two storage bins as well as a hose, a fire extinguisher and an oxygen tank. The rescue back comes with a flood light, a saw ...

• Legos:  Off Road Fire Rescue Set #7942
      and an ax. It can be carried by two mini figures or it can sit in the truck’s bed.

The mini figure it pretty cool. He has a silver hat and sunglasses, and has a wide array of equipment and tools that come with the set. The set has a lot of storage and hooks and every item has a place to

go.

The only improvements to this set, for the money, that I would suggest would be to add a swinging door for the truck and maybe to add another mini figure so that they could carry the rescue back. All in all, this is a very neat little set that nicely compliments larger fire sets. I give it an 8 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 61303616110531/k2311a033/3.3.09