Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs
1.0
  • I found these French phrases in the book very disconcerting and distracting
  • I love reading about forensic investigations and the procedures involved, but there was far too much textbook details here
  • It is interesting to learn about blood splatters, or shunts to reduce pressure for hydrocephalic patients, but do we need to suffer the agony of a lecture
  • I think I might as well skip this author too

• by Jacinth K Lee

Deadly Decisions was written by Kathy Reichs and published by Pocket Books, 2000.

This book really puts me off from the very beginning. I found these French phrases in the book very disconcerting and distracting. It gives me an uncomfortable feeling about the author, and this is the first book I read from her.

During a biker gang war, a young girl was caught in the crossfire and killed. Dr Tempe Brennan was determined

to find the killer; she was also requested to help in the investigation at a gang slaying site and discovered skeletons and bones, some of whom belonged to an unidentified young girl. Her skull however turned up elsewhere. Dr Brennan was again, resolute to unearth the identity and cause of death of this young victim. Meanwhile she had other personal worries her boyfriend had been implicated in drug dealings and ...

• suspended from the police force, her visiting nephew, who was fascinated with Harley Davidson bikes, was lured into the biker lifestyle by a newscaster whom she disliked.

The author wrote this in the first person, and though I read about her feelings and opinions, it soon became rather dragging and bragging. I love reading about forensic investigations and the procedures involved, but there was far too much textbook details here. It is interesting

to learn about blood splatters, or shunts to reduce pressure for hydrocephalic patients, but do we need to suffer the agony of a lecture? I really felt I was drearily reading my college books, instead of enjoying a crime novel. I have read Patricia Cornwell’s novels featuring Kay Scarpetta; I find them more entertaining when compared to this. I skipped a lot of pages; I think I might as well skip this author too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17203615630731/k2311a032/3.2.09