Blackjack II
  • I found the phone itself to be quite functional, and one of the best features is the jogwheel placed in the middle
  • Other than that, it's a great phone, and I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to an iPhone or Blackberry

• by Polaris

Buying the Samsung Blackjack II (BJ2) was somewhat of a gamble on my part, because I had never purchased a Smartphone in the past. I had always visualized that the keys would be way too small for practical use, and that I would be paying for something that was way more than what I needed. However, the BJ2 was a pleasant surprise.

The operating system uses the WindowsMobile platform and will be easy if you are used to PC’s. There is a start menu in the bottom

left corner of the screen which is familiar to those of us who are trained to use this as a starting point. I appreciated the large font sizes and and the bright screen. So often, I am discouraged by screens that are either too small, or with fonts and lettering that can barely be interpreted. However, this particular phone is easy to read, even during the daytime! And at night, the screen is so bright, that I am often using it in place of a flashlight if ...

• I’m looking under the couch for something for instance.

I like the size of this phone. It is not too bulky and is thin enough that it can be held easily in the palm of your hand! I also think that the camera provides very good quality pictures, considering its size. I found the phone itself to be quite functional, and one of the best features is the jogwheel placed in the middle. Much like an iPod, it can be rotated to select different items, rather than

using a 4-point button that other phones have.

My only complaint would be the battery life. I charge it nightly, and it seems to only last about 12 hours on one charge, and I don’t use it during the work day very much at all. This tends to limit active usage, and requires that you have your charger handy for any durations longer than 12 hours. Other than that, it’s a great phone, and I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to an iPhone or Blackberry.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37103614580931/k2311a031/3.1.09