Days Inn Myrtle Beach  » Hotels  »
0.5
1403 S. Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach SC 29577
  • I paid $150.00 a night to stay in this rat hotel
  • As you can plainly see from the adjectives used to describe it, I was not very happy with my experience
  • I think it was just another way to bilk their customers

• by viomon2

This is a dilapidated junk heap but hey it is on the beach. I paid $150 a night to stay in this rat hotel. As you can plainly see from the adjectives used to describe it, I was not very happy with my experience.

I booked this hotel at the last minute for a romantic getaway for my wife and I. It is rated on the Days Inn Website as being 5 stars which is a downright lie.

First I paid extra for

an Ocean view and found that the only way to get a good view was to lean precariously over my balcony and look at just the right angle. There was mold in the Bathrooms and a general grungy feel to the hotel as a whole.

I actually went out and bought sheets for the bed because I did not feel I could trust the ones on the bed. The bed was akin to those found in third world hostels and very uncomfortable.

The ...

• bathroom was water stained with the wall paper falling off the walls. We had to stay here as we would have lost the $450 for the room.

Due to using some deal setup with the Days Inn website. After we returned home I called the corporation to complain and was basically laughed at.

Each hotel is independently owned so the company does not care what condition the hotel is in. They also have no apparent vetting system for their rating system.

They just

take the hotel managers word. I was also charged a resort fee of $5 a night.

What this is for I have no idea. The beaches are public property so they would not be maintaining them.

I think it was just another way to bilk their customers. Don’t go here.

If you want to go to Myrtle beach rent one of the private houses for about the same amount a night. They are 100 times nicer and you’ll have a much better time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2103614410931/k2311a031/3.1.09