HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook
  • Of course it is not the fastest, the lightest, the most durable, or has the best battery life
  • For an extra $25, I got the extended life battery which I believe is a 12 cell as opposed to an 8 cell

• by Kyle McMacken

The 14. 1 inch HP dv2000 notebook is decent.

Of course it is not the fastest, the lightest, the most durable, or has the best battery life; but for $500 USD it’s a very good bang for your buck.

I have owned the dv2000 for more than a year and a half and it has served my reasons perfectly.

I have dragged it around to every single university class I have had, even without a laptop case.

The AMD

processor did end up having a conflict with the motherboard; which HP tech service ended up being able to fix for me.

The blue LED quick link touch pad buttons are helpful if you like to use your notebook to watch DVDs or play music, but the “Quickplay” button does get annoying after a while.

Sometimes while I am typing, I accidentally touch the Quickplay button; which lags the computer while loading, and takes around 20-30 seconds to ...

• close and get back to what you were doing.

The screen is extremely bright and shiny, while good for viewing in the dark it is not good if you have back light (the screen reflects like a mirror).

The webcam which was included internally on my model has never worked, and has not been able to be fixed by HP tech support.

I did not buy it for an internal webcam; and have never needed to use it

anyway.

For an extra $25, I got the extended life battery which I believe is a 12 cell as opposed to an 8 cell.

This does not seem to add an extensive amount of batter life; but does put the notebook on a more “finger friendly” typing angle (since the battery juts out from the bottom of the notebook).

Final thoughts; buy HP if you need a cheap notebook which you only need to last you 1-2 years.

HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook
    Kindall says :

During the past few weeks, I have encountered a few problems with my computer. For one, the screen does some kind of white snow thing when the screen is tilted back. Another problem I have is that the sound on off touch button no longer turns orange when it`s off.

Jules Li says :

If the screen issue only occurs when it’s tilted in a certain position, that means it’s a physical issue with the screen itself. Test it out by using an external monitor to see if the issue happens there. If it does not, you’ll likely have to replace the screen. For the sound button issue, I would suggest reinstalling the audio driver to see if it helps.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63103614400931/k2311a031/3.1.09