Carnival Cruise Line  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • Also they had these midnight buffetts with amazing ice sculptures and tons of desserts and all kinds of great food
  • It was a great experience and a great vacation
  • If you are looking for a great cruise, then I suggest the Carnival Cruise Line

• by Lauren0924
      The summer before my freshman year at college, my family and I took a cruise on the Carnival Cruise Line. We left New Orleans and sailed to Jamaica, then to Grand Cayman and finally to Cozumel/Playa del Carmen, Mexico and back home. It was a 7 day trip and it was so much fun! Definately one of my favorite vacations. The cruise ship offered so much to do, from the casino (which at the time, I could not enter) to the dance hall/karaoke lounge to all the different shows to the swimming pools to all the food! Every night, the cruise ship hosted a different show, whether it was a magician or a musician or acrobats or something like that, every night was so fun! We got great shows and before every show started, there was always BINGO being played while we waited for everyone to come in and for the show to start! That was also so fun! (even though I never won) During at Sea days, the ship also hosted “game show” like shows.

For example they played a Newlyweds game. There was never a shortage of things to do. My siblings and I amused ourselves on At Sea days by going to the

computer lounge, getting a deck of cards and sitting by a big window, exploring, playing out on the deck, and of course eating! There was a never ending supply of food! The pizza buffet on the deck was amazing! All kinds of different pizzas and as you know, all food is included in your bill so you could eat all the pizza you wanted! Also they had these midnight buffetts with amazing ice sculptures and tons of desserts and all kinds of great food! I’m surprised I didn’t gain 15 pounds on that trip.

The cabins were nice. We stayed above the sea so we had a porthole that looked out to the ocean. There were two beds and we got a cot rolled in.

It was a bit of a tight squeeze but still lots of fun. It was always fun to come back to the room and see what kind of animal the staff had turned your towel into! Another cool thing about the ship was the tv. It didn’t have to many channels and the ones it did showed the same movie over and over.

However it had one channel that was basically a video of the previous day on the ship! All ...

• over the ship are people with cameras filming some of the shows (like the Newlyweds game) or all of the stuff that goes on at dinner (like the spontaneous line dances and what not) or the karaoke contests or dance offs and even the shore excursions. Then the next day you get to watch all of it! It would be fun to be watching the tv and see yourself! I saw myself a few times on the tv, including the time when I was swimming with the sting rays in the Caymen Islands. The staff were all friendly and all pretty funny, not to mention talented.

There are so many things going on on board, it would be really hard to be bored. I mean, even when you are just laying out on deck, there are games and contests and shows going on by the pools. There was always something to watch or participate in (if you arent shy like me!); there was always something to do; there was definately always something to eat, and there was always tons of fun on every level of the ship! The shore excursions were also so amazing! I got to climb a waterfall in Jamaica, swim with sting rays

in the Caymens, and play with dolphins in Cozumel! It was a fantastic trip with a fantastic boat and fantastic crew and staff! They definately made the trip much more entertaining and enjoyable, especially on the days at sea.

Oh and if you forget to bring a camera, have no fear! There are people everywhere taking pictures of you, posed and spontaneous. Then you can go to this room and view all of the pictures and pick the ones you like and buy them! (Of course there is also a gift shop where you can buy a disposable camera as well :) The boat itself was pretty with a big giant, spiral staircase and fun carpeting. We had a slide for the pool and a bunch of hot tubs.

There was also a spa and gym. It was a great experience and a great vacation! Everything about it rocked, from the crew to the excursions to everything that went on on the boat. When Carnival says they are the “fun ship” they definately mean it and they definately live up to it! If you are looking for a great cruise, then I suggest the Carnival Cruise Line.

You’ll have a blast and you’ll never be bored!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 460661391130/k2311a066/6.6.06