A Christmas Carol  » Movies  »
  • And, in my opinion, this remains one of the better tellings of the classic story
  • I think the ghost of things yet to come in this movie is one of the scariest versions of that particular character I've ever seen
  • I know I wouldn't want to meet up with him in a dark alley
  • I've seen a couple different versions of this movie and definitely would rate this one near, if not at, the top of the list of the best
  • If you are looking for a movie to watch next Christmas, this is one I definitely would recommend

• by Steve

One of the first movies I ended up watching on Christmas Eve was George C. Scott’s version of Ebeneezer Scrooge in the 80s remake of A Christmas Carol.

And, in my opinion, this remains one of the better tellings of the classic story.

Scott is perfect as Scrooge.

He’s the right age for the

part and brings plenty of energy and believability to the character.

And, with the exception of the Ghost of Christmas past; who looks like a reject out of a 1980s rock video (how did they get her hair to look like that anyway) the Ghosts are also very believable.

I think the ghost of ...

• things yet to come in this movie is one of the scariest versions of that particular character I’ve ever seen.

I know I wouldn’t want to meet up with him in a dark alley.

Of course, my wife and I ended up picking on the Ghost of Christmas Present when he lifted up his

robe to show those children underneath.

What exactly were they so afraid of?

I’ve seen a couple different versions of this movie and definitely would rate this one near, if not at, the top of the list of the best.

If you are looking for a movie to watch next Christmas, this is one I definitely would recommend.

A Christmas Carol

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11103613651231/k2311a031/3.1.09