Mr. Monk and the Other Woman  » TV  »
  • I missed the first few minutes of it but I think he was trying to help one of his deceased wife's friends who is a suspect in the murder of her neighbor and his attorney

• by Steve

This morning was the first time I’ve seen the Monk episode “Mr. Monk and the Other Woman.

” I’m not sure when it was made, but I’m guessing it was sometime in the first season because the police seem like they don’t want his help yet.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

I missed the first few minutes of it

but I think he was trying to help one of his deceased wife’s friends who is a suspect in the murder of her neighbor and his attorney.

The police think she also murdered her ex-husband since nobody has seen him in a while (they think he’s buried under the floor of her garage).

It’s a classic Monk episode both because ...

• he has to deal with his phobias (but manages to conquer them enough to spend the night at the woman’s house to make sure she stays safe) and they way he solves the case (he is in a law office and discovers one of the hundreds of files is out of order simply by glancing at it).

Considering the show

has gotten a bit weak lately when it comes to Monk’s cases, I’m glad I can still at least see re-runs like this one on TV (even though it means watching it very early in the morning).

It’s episodes like this one that made the show worth watching and it’s my hope the series will get back to that same format that keeps me tuning in.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10103613571231/k2311a031/3.1.09