Bosch TDA8333GB Sensixx Comfort Power Iron  » Electronics  »
  • But for a cost of £50 I thought that the Bosch TDA8333GB Sensixx Comfort Power Iron was worth a try and I expected the performance of this product to reflect the typical high-performing Bosch brand
  • The first thing that I like about the TDA8333GB Sensixx Comfort Power Iron is the colour
  • I tend to prefer silvers, blacks and greys to whites and brighter colours when it comes electrical goods in my opinion I tend to find them more stylish
  • When it comes to the grip and built quality of this product you realise that it is definitely a Bosch product
  • But overall I think that it is a decent iron which offers good build quality and practicality

• by LSK

I am a big fan of Bosch products. They have that typical German efficiency and robustness about them and every Bosch product which my parents have ever owned has tended to last a very long time. When it comes to irons however I have to admit that Bosch would not have been the first brand that I would have thought of I tend to think more of the likes of Tefal and Hitachi. But for a cost of £50 I thought that the Bosch TDA8333GB Sensixx Comfort Power Iron was worth a try and I expected the performance of this product to reflect the typical high-performing Bosch brand.

The first thing that I like about the TDA8333GB Sensixx Comfort Power Iron is the colour. I tend to prefer

silvers, blacks and greys to whites and brighter colours when it comes electrical goods in my opinion I tend to find them more stylish. This iron is certainly not the most exciting-looking iron available on the market but that is why I like it.

When it comes to the grip and built quality of this product you realise that it is definitely a Bosch product. Everything about it is solid and I do think that it is the heaviest iron which I have ever held! Even the black buttons at the front for steam and water release are solid and require a little more pressure in order to push them down.

With regards to features there isn’t really too much to talk about. The heating controls ...

• are placed on the dial in the middle of the iron, but I guess there is nothing new there. One thing which I do like about this iron is the length of the cable it is longer than my previous iron and I do not have to move my ironing board so close to a power socket (and more importantly, at such a bad angle to the TV!).

With regards to the functionality of this iron I have mixed feelings about it. First of all, it is remarkably smooth and it will glide across your fabrics, whether cotton or polyester. I also like the fact that the water doesn’t drip! Whilst I am sure that this is the case with pretty much all new irons I

do welcome this feature as my old iron used to drive me insane.

But on the negative side I find that the steam function is not particularly powerful and I tend to use the water-spray function a lot more because of this. It might seem like a minor feature but I actually think it is quite important especially when I am ironing jeans.

But overall I think that it is a decent iron which offers good build quality and practicality. Apart from the steam it does an efficient, no-frills job. I am sure that you can get better irons out there with more features, but if you are looking for a reliable iron that will get the job done then this one should do the trick. 7 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802613370428/k2311a0228/2.28.09