Samsung DVD Player (model DVD1080P8)
  • It is amazing how affordable DVD players are these days
  • For me, Samsung is one of those brands known for quality I do not consider Samsung in the same light as Sony or Panasonic but it is definitely a reliable brand which gives you good value for money, durability and style
  • I like the design it is slim, with a nice black finish which gives it a touch of class
  • Set up is also quick and easy, and I found that I had it up and running in no time
  • I have given it a score of 9 out of 10 and would recommend it to anybody who wants something nice looking and durable but at the same time affordable

• by LSK

It is amazing how affordable DVD players are these days. However, while you can pick one up for as little as £20 I do believe that there is a big difference in quality between these models and those higher up in price. For me, Samsung is one of those brands known for quality I do not consider Samsung in the same light as Sony or Panasonic but it is definitely a reliable brand which gives you good value for money, durability and style.

The 1080P8 DVD player is no exception, and for £60 it probably sits around mid-range for a standard DVD player being

sold without a home cinema kit. I like the design it is slim, with a nice black finish which gives it a touch of class. For me, one of the most noticeable differences in quality between this player and the cheaper models is in the build quality. Whilst it is slim it is still solid and feels durable. Set up is also quick and easy, and I found that I had it up and running in no time.

The remote control is also functional and whilst it controls many of the features on the player it is practical and not confusing (a feature ...

• synonymous with the Samsung brand).

The biggest positive feature of this player is the picture quality. I noticed that the contrast is noticeably sharper and very clear. In addition to the picture quality I also like the fact that this is a multi-regional player and also capable of playing DivX.

The sound quality is good, but not in the same league as the picture quality: that said, the quality dramatically increases with a home cinema system so I am guessing that Samsung designed this player specifically with a home cinema system in mind.

Overall I do think that this is a very good DVD player and it

is definitely good value for money. The picture quality sells this system without a doubt and I do think that it is one of the top players which I have used in this price range. I have given it a score of 9 out of 10 and would recommend it to anybody who wants something nice looking and durable but at the same time affordable. This player offers all of these features in addition to decent sound and top quality image. I would be interested in finding any Sony or Panasonic players in a similar price range and see whether they offer the same value for money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802613240428/k2311a0228/2.28.09