Sony Ericsson MPS-100 Portable Speaker System
  • The MPS-100 Portable speakers definitely fit this mould and turn your mobile phone into a stereo system at a cost of around £30
  • My baby brother is definitely a big part of the mobile-revolution (as is every kid around his age) and owns a pair to play music off his phone
  • The first thing that I like about these speakers is the size
  • The sound is also not too bad if you consider the size of the unit
  • But overall it is not bad value for money and I would recommend it to somebody who is looking for something super-portable and that will not cause the biggest racket even at higher volumes

• by LSK

Whilst I am not the biggest fan of Sony Ericsson mobile phones (I do not find them particularly easy to use!) I have to admit that they tend to have some very cool gadgets both within the phones and external add-ons. The MPS-100 Portable speakers definitely fit this mould and turn your mobile phone into a stereo system at a cost of around £30. My baby brother is definitely a big part of the mobile-revolution (as is every kid around his age) and owns a pair to play music off his phone.

The first thing that I like about these speakers is the size. They are very compact, which I guess is expected

when considering that they are supposed to be carried about with your mobile phone. The design is also very cool as these speakers are actually designed to either be connected together (which makes it easy for carrying about) or separately in your standard left and right speaker setup. The system is also very robust and definitely designed to withstand being bashed about in a bag or during a small gathering of friends in a university room.

This system also has one or two cool features in particular the inbuilt antenna is very useful, and whilst I tend not to use the radio function on a mobile phone I can see its potential ...

• usefulness to somebody who does. I should also mention that these speakers do not just serve Sony Ericsson mobiles either and can also be hooked to other audio devices and worked pretty well with my MP3 player.

The sound is also not too bad if you consider the size of the unit. Ok, so it is not deafeningly loud and certainly does not shake the room with a bass-heavy sound, but it is still something that will suffice if you have a few friends in a room just playing music and relaxing. The sound quality is nice and clear, although it does start to distort as the volume goes up.

I should also mention

that this system is powered off you mobile phone unit. Whilst this saves on mains and/ or battery power I did notice that the power gauge on my bother’s phone did start to drain very quickly, so this might not be as good as point as it first seems.

But overall it is not bad value for money and I would recommend it to somebody who is looking for something super-portable and that will not cause the biggest racket even at higher volumes. But for me I would rather spend a little bit more money and get a bigger system from the likes of JBL which can provide a more bottom-heavy sound. 6 out of 10.

lan says :

how can this speaker connect to the computer, there is no cable, should i buy what kind of cable,thank you

Galega says :

Sony Ericsson MPS - 100 comes in two variants - wired and Bluetooth. They provide connecting wire with that of wired one. I think you have bought the Bluetooth variant and hence there isn’t any connecting wire with the pack.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802613230428/k2311a0228/2.28.09