Guru.com website (FREELANCERS BEWARE)  » Web sites  »
0.5
  • Moreover, having read most of their listings, I believe the majority of them are spurious to start with, posted just to lure wannabe pros

• by Ruth Dickson
      Having been a professional writer most of my life, I’m always looking for markets and assignments. So when I discovered there were several websites that offer freelance registries, I was eager to research them.

My results showed that there are

several (ifreelance.

com in particular) which were efficient, easy to use and inexpensive.

And then there’s Guru.

First of all, their prices are exorbitant.

Seventy-five bucks a quarter, just to register! (that’s $300 a year, for the math-impaired) On top of that,

• they take a percentage of your earnings! The most heinous part of this site is that they offer a “free” membership, but do not allow these members to bid on any of the luscious-sounding jobs they list.

Moreover, having read

most of their listings, I believe the majority of them are spurious to start with, posted just to lure wannabe pros.

So, if you’re a freelancer, stay away from this site, unless you enjoy tossing your money into a black hole.

Maria Grimaldi says :

I had a terrible experience with Guru. Besides everything Ruth says two of my payment cheks never arrived as hey were stolen and cashed by somebody else. This happened in June 2008. It s april 2009 and Guru still owes me a response from the bank. They don t assume their responsability, so PLEASE, DON T TRUST GURU . I am still waiting to receive my money….. Maria

Review of Freshinsite says :

Buyers BEWARE I used a company called FreshInsite and they stole my money. They call themselves programmers and website designers, but I never got anything from them. I sent them a deposit to start work on a script. I never got the script mod or my refund. I have nothing but a negative review of FreshInsite.com ?f 13 t 5

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2050661320530/k2311a065/6.5.06