Blackberry Storm Mobile Phone  » Phones  »
  • The first thing that I love about the Blackberry Storm is the look
  • I think that the size is great it fits nicely in the palm and has a fantastic large screen
  • And while I am on the subject of the screen I should mention that this is the best screen that you find it is excellent, and very responsive, which makes it so easy to select your function
  • I have noticed that at times it can be noticeably slow when it comes to loading up some functions
  • If you are a fan of the Blackberry brand then you will not be disappointed

• by LSK

I have not really caught on to the whole Blackberry revolution. I was given a Blackberry Pearl for work, which I have to admit has caused me more stress than good as I am constantly tapped into work and find myself reading emails at all hours! But I have to admit that I was very curious about the Blackberry Storm and was keen to try one out especially seeing as I now also own a Samsung Tocco and think that it is an excellent touch-screen mobile phone.

The first thing that I love about the Blackberry Storm is the look. While it might not be as thin as the Tocco or have the status of the iPod Touch this is nonetheless a very attractive phone I actually think that it is the nicest looking of all of

the touch-screen phones. I think that the size is great it fits nicely in the palm and has a fantastic large screen.

In terms of functionality this is a massive improvement from my Blackberry Pearl, which I do not feel is the most user-friendly phone. The Storm is very easy to navigate around you basically select your desired function by touching the clickable screen. And while I am on the subject of the screen I should mention that this is the best screen that you find it is excellent, and very responsive, which makes it so easy to select your function.

With regards to the functionality of this phone I generally think that it is pretty good. The emailing function is excellent it is easy to understand and typing is very easy.

• One think which I do like about the Blackberry phones is the predictive typing function, which is easy enough for you enter words which are not in the dictionary the phone is also smart enough to remember them afterwards, something which the Samsung and Nokia phones that I have used do not do.

Don’t get me wrong, this phone is not perfect despite all of the positive points. I have noticed that at times it can be noticeably slow when it comes to loading up some functions; I have also noticed that it is not the quickest with regards to going on the internet either although I do not know whether this is down to the speed of the connection or the phone itself. I also think that the camera is fairly standard and definitely cannot match the

camera feature provided with the Samsung range of touch screen phones.

But overall I do think that the Blackberry Storm is a pretty good phone with some outstanding qualities as well as a few weaknesses which, in my opinion, are not showstoppers. I should also mention that it is not exactly loaded with frills and features, but for me that is not a significant point as I tend not to use a fraction of the features on offer with most mobile phones.

I have given this product a score of 8 out of 10. If you are a fan of the Blackberry brand then you will not be disappointed; however, for the typical mobile phone user like me you might be better off checking out the touch screen offerings from the Samsung range, which I still think offer better value and all-round performance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372802613080428/k2311a0228/2.28.09