Waring Martini Mixer
2.5
  • As a gadget lover I do love coming across products and thinking to myself you know what, that is a totally unnecessary product but I like it anyway
  • I have found that I prefer to just use the shaker on its own, especially seeing as I have some stirrers and sieves which I bought a little while ago for making cocktails
  • So overall I think that this is not a bad product it does its job albeit a little noisily and not as efficiently as I had expected

• by LSK

As a gadget lover I do love coming across products and thinking to myself “you know what, that is a totally unnecessary product but I like it anyway!”. Many products which I do have in my flat do fall into the “not needed but very cool” bracket: for £42 the Waring Martini Mixer is definitely one of those and it is therefore no surprise that it caught my eye!

This product is basically an electric, tarted-up cocktail shaker. You mix your ingredients together in the shaker, then place it into the unit and select what you want it to do that is, shake or stir your concoction.

The first thing I like about this product is the style. It is a

very sleek looking product and it does feel solid and robust enough, so overall the quality of the design is very good. It is also very easy to use (particularly as there are really only 2 functions!) and the functions are a no brainer. Although, that said I do think that the manual is a nice touch and gives some decent cocktail recipes as well!

This unit is also nice and compact, which is great for me as I can store it easily in one of my kitchen cupboards. Seeing and the main part of the product is the cocktail shaker it is also easy to clean and maintain.

With regards to performance I have mixed feelings about the Waring Martini Mixer.

• First of all, it is very thorough especially in the shake mode, although the stir mode is not as effective (it just seems like a milder version of the shake mode). It is also a little bit noisy for me more so than if I was just stirring or shaking the cocktail shaker by hand. The shaker itself is excellent and the measuring cup is great for making sure that you gets the units right; I have found that I prefer to just use the shaker on its own, especially seeing as I have some stirrers and sieves which I bought a little while ago for making cocktails.

So overall I think that this is not a bad product

it does its job albeit a little noisily and not as efficiently as I had expected. But regardless of whether this was the perfect cocktail maker or if it did absolutely nothing at all, I do believe that this is an unnecessary product especially seeing as the bar tenders in any good bar will tend to make the cocktails manually. I have given it a score of 5 out of 10: in my opinion it is an expensive gimmick that will impress to a degree; however, I would not recommend this product and would instead advise you to spend between £15 and £25 on a high-quality (manual) cocktail making set that might require a little more muscle but will get the job done just as well nonetheless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802613030428/k2311a0228/2.28.09