Sony SRSNWT10M Portable Speaker
1.5
  • But here is the problem for me This speaker system is not very loud, for one thing
  • Best to save your money and avoid this product, unless you are looking to annoy people on their journeys into work

• by LSK

When it comes to speakers people look for a range of things from more portable models. For me, what is important is something that is not cumbersome to transport and plays a good quality sound loud enough to get some decent quality and bass but not necessarily loud enough to facilitate a house party as I have a HiFi system that can fulfil that function for me very well.

When I saw this speaker system I must admit that I was surprised. The Sony SRSNWT10M Portable Speaker is a tiny speaker system which is designed for the new range of fancy Sony Ericsson mobile phones - I am not a fan of Sony Ericsson mobiles although my little brother is, and subsequently forked out about £30 for this

gimmicky product which feeds directly off the mobile phone battery.

Whilst I was not really expecting very much from it I have to admit that I do like the design. Basically, it is a small circular speaker which looks like a USB stick as the top bit comes off to reveal the connection which plus directly into the bottom of the mobile phone. It is very compact and whilst it does add to the size of the mobile phone it is surprisingly discrete.

Despite the size it is a well built speaker system and feels firm enough to withstand being put in a kid’s school bag and being bashed about with books. It is also functional enough and easy to use.

But here is the problem for ...

• me This speaker system is not very loud, for one thing. Whilst the sound quality is actually not bad it is clear and fairly sharp for such a small system is just not loud enough to be of any real use. I do not mean to show my age here, but teenagers tend to play music from their mobile phone speakers in public places, which is pretty antisocial in itself. These speakers are nowhere near loud enough to serve a house party, but they are certainly loud enough to disturb people on a train or bus. With that in mind I do think that these are very gimmicky and are really just suited for kids to disturb people on public transport!

Another

negative point for me is that there is very little in the way of bass but then again, that is pretty much expected.

So overall I have given the Sony SRSNWT10M portable speaker a score of 3 out of 10. I am not too sure what value they bring except for being another cool kid’s gadget for their mobile. The speaker does not get much louder than the speaker phones on many of these mobile phones anyway; I also think that £30 is a lot of money to be paying for them, especially seeing as you can get decent iPod speaker systems from about £45 and upwards. Best to save your money and avoid this product, unless you are looking to annoy people on their journeys into work!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802613020428/k2311a0228/2.28.09