Tefal Vitesse Diamond BI773512 Kettle
  • For £45 I considered this to be on the more expensive side, but there were certainly other kettles around which cost even more
  • The first thing which I like about this kettle is the style
  • Capacity wise I think that the 1.7 litres is pretty much standard and is more than sufficient seeing as it is only my mum, dad and baby sister in the family home
  • I have given it a score of 9 out of 10 and recommend it to anybody who, like me, would never touch a Breville kettle with a barge pole

• by LSK

My parents had previously bought a Breville kettle which had turned out to be a nightmare to use the lid kept coming off whilst pouring, sending hot steam everywhere which could have potentially caused a very serious accident. So with that in mind I took them to an electrical retailer and helped them to chose something new. As far as I was concerned, the key thing on my mind was something safe and reliable, and being the brand-conscious person that I am I went looking for a name which I could trust rather than a high-frills model which changed colours while boiling!

I feel that the Tefal Vitesse Diamond BI773512 Kettle meets my parent’s requirements. First of all, Tefal is a well known brand in household electrical goods (kettles, irons etc) and is

known for high-technology and reliability, although they are not the cheapest around. For £45 I considered this to be on the more expensive side, but there were certainly other kettles around which cost even more.

The first thing which I like about this kettle is the style. It is a curvy shape and made of stainless steel as a young bachelor I am a big fan of stainless steel as it is so easy to clean! It feels a little bit heavy compared to other kettles which we looked at, but I often tend to find this to be more of positive than anything else it tends to signal better build quality and durability.

Capacity wise I think that the 1.7 litres is pretty much standard and is ...

• more than sufficient seeing as it is only my mum, dad and baby sister in the family home. Whilst my folks do entertain often I think that a 1.7 litre kettle can easily provide for 4 or 5 people. However, if the capacity is insufficient then it is good to know that this kettle boils very quickly much quicker than mine so the downtime between serving teas and coffees is not likely to be long. On the subject of boiling I should also mention that this kettle is actually very quiet; even when full you can barely hear it boil, although it does vibrate a little bit just before it cuts off.

Now, following my last experiences with the Breville kettle I have to mention something about safety. What I

like about this kettle is that the lid is very secure; it opens easily to fill up but once it is closed it is secure and does not come loose during pouring.

Overall I am very pleased with this kettle and I think that my folks are pleased as well. It is a kettle and it does exactly what you would expect it do. There are no changing colours and fancy “keep warm” features: instead, it is solid, functional, stylish and high performing. It vibrates a little bit when boiling, but this is not a big enough negative for me to mark it down. I have given it a score of 9 out of 10 and recommend it to anybody who, like me, would never touch a Breville kettle with a barge pole!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802613010428/k2311a0228/2.28.09