Klipsch iGroove iPod Speaker System  » Electronics  »
  • Although that said I did recently try a set of Altec Lansing speakers which I was pretty impressed with
  • As with the Altec Lansing speakers the first thing that I like about the iGroove is the design
  • What I love most about the iGroove is the remote control
  • I think it is brilliant, and once you place your iPod in the dock the remote pretty much handles everything and even enables you to skip tracks, which is very convenient
  • If you are in to your iPod gadgets and have a little money to spend then I definitely recommend trying this out

• by LSK

There are so many iPod speaker brands out these days that I have actually lost count! But I have to admit that I had never heard of Klipsch, and when it comes to MP3 speakers I have tended not stray outside of JBL I haven’t really had a reason to do so as I typically find their audio products to be of exceptional build quality and great sound, particularly at the bass-heavy end.

Although that said I did recently try a set of Altec Lansing speakers which I was pretty impressed with; these iGroove speakers are similar in styling, but at £150 they are almost double the price. They are also suited for larger, wider iPods such as the Classic, Touch and 3rd Generation Nano; although the Altec can cater to these systems it is designed specifically with

the slimmer Nano in mind.

As with the Altec Lansing speakers the first thing that I like about the iGroove is the design. I actually think that it is more eye-catching than the Altec and I do love the way the speakers curve upwards which allows for better projection of sound. The build quality of this speaker system is excellent; whilst being quite slim it still fells durable and this is also reflected in the weight I would not say that it is very heavy but you certainly feel that it is there!

The functionality of this speaker system is also excellent. What I love most about the iGroove is the remote control! I think it is brilliant, and once you place your iPod in the dock the remote pretty much handles everything and even enables ...

• you to skip tracks, which is very convenient. Despite having some cool features and sound settings it does not have buttons everywhere, which I am really not a fan of as I think that it makes systems look a little tacky.

While I do love the design of the iGroove and the remote control feature, it is sound quality of this system which sells it in my opinion. It is fantastic! The first thing which hit me was the clarity of the sound; it is so clear and treble really does tingle and vocals sound sharp. At the low end I was really impressed with the bass; while there is no explicit subwoofer in the system the bass sound is rich, hard-hitting and responsive. When I cranked up the volume the speakers rose to the challenge and

retained their clarity as the output increased. The loudness is also more than sufficient to fill a room and, in my opinion, is a match for most mid-range micro-HiFi systems.

So overall I have to give this system a score of 10 out 10, as I could not fault it. It is the best system which I have experienced so far; the sound and build are excellent and it still retains some compactness to enable you to move it about and even take with you on holiday. The price is very much on the higher end, but you definitely get great value for money and this is a product which could quite easily sit in a second room or bedroom. If you are in to your iPod gadgets and have a little money to spend then I definitely recommend trying this out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802612960428/k2311a0228/2.28.09