Canon Selphy CP740 Card Photo Printer  » Electronics  »
  • There are many things which I like about this printer, the first of which being the ease of use
  • So in this respect I do not consider the size of the printouts to be a negative point
  • Secondly I found that the printouts slid off the small tray once they came out whilst this is not a big issue at all I still found it irritating after a while
  • But the biggest negative for this product is that it uses a lot of ink and I found that it ran out pretty quickly - and it is not cheap to replace

• by LSK

When it comes to printing photographs I would ideally prefer to buy a printer which is specifically designed for this function, as I am a great believer in buying something high quality that will do a specific job rather than something which performs many tasks but all to a consistently mediocre standard. The Canon Selphy CP740 is a tiny card photo printer which will set you back around £80 and does exactly what its description would imply.

There are many things which I like about this printer, the first of which being the ease of use. It is very easy to set up and does not require you to connect you camera or laptop as it can print directly off the memory card. I also love the size; it is a dinky printer that is both super compact as well as

durable. The downside of this is that you only get card-sized printouts but the way I see it is that if you want bigger printouts then you will find a bigger photo printer. So in this respect I do not consider the size of the printouts to be a negative point.

Whilst still being so small I do like the fact that Cannon have not compromised on a good size preview monitor for you to look at you pictures before you print them off you can even do some mild editing beforehand. I also found it easy to navigate my way around the controls which add to the user-friendliness of the product.

So, the Canon Selphy CP740 card photo printer is compact, durable and user-friendly. Where performance is concerned, I do think that it also does a ...

• decent job. It does print good quality card-sized photos which are already dried and good to go. However, there are a few small negative points (but negative points nonetheless) which I should also point out. First of all I not think that this printer is the fastest in terms of speed, and especially seeing as the printouts are so small. Secondly I found that the printouts slid off the small tray once they came out whilst this is not a big issue at all I still found it irritating after a while!

But the biggest negative for this product is that it uses a lot of ink and I found that it ran out pretty quickly - and it is not cheap to replace!

But overall I do think that this is a good product. For me, I would really

enjoy using a product like this on holiday I would take my snaps and then get them printed off when I am relaxing or recovering the night before! I do think that the ink use is a bit uneconomical, but I do not think that this is a product that I would use regularly and therefore it would not be something that would burden my expenses on a regular basis.

I have given this product a score of 8 out of 10. I do like it, but having used a number of photo printers I do know that there are one or two out there which can offer you better value for money (HP do some very decent models) whilst they may not be as small they are still small enough for you to carry with you on holiday in your hand luggage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802612950428/k2311a0228/2.28.09