Christmas in Wonderland  » Movies  »
  • Of the kids, I love the little girl the best, but it's hard to say who I really liked since she was played by twins
  • That really is the problem with this movie -- too much camp and not much heart, which was needed to make this movie more than just okay

• by Orrymain

My very favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, stars in this holiday movie, “Christmas in Wonderland”. I just saw it for the first time when it aired on TV, and I have mixed feelings about it.

Patrick was great, as always. He’s heavy in the first 15 minutes of the film, then disappears for about 20, has a scene, and is gone again for another 15, and on it goes until we get to the end when he’s in more

of it again. It may therefore be no surprise that my favorite bits of this movie are the beginning and the end.

The majority of the film focuses on the three child actors who play Patrick’s children. They’re shopping at the huge Edmonton Mall in Canada and come across $1,000,000, which turns out to be counterfeit. The bad guys then end up chasing the kids all over the mall, inside and out.

Of the kids, I love the ...

• little girl the best, but it’s hard to say who I really liked since she was played by twins. The bad guys were slapstick types, and I’m just tired of that kind of humor. It’s not funny to me, so that portion of the movie left me flat and unimpressed.

That really is the problem with this movie — too much camp and not much heart, which was needed to make this movie more than just okay.

The end might bring a tear to the eye. It’s magical and all that Christmas should be. There just needed to be a little more of it. Patrick was awesome, but we needed more of him, too.

It’s a nice holiday film that required some ‘bleeping’ for dialog in a few places, by the children of all people and not the adults. It’s pleasant enough, but really good have been better with an enhanced and improved script.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112802612100228/k2311a0228/2.28.09