Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Dough - 5lb tub
  • For years, I've purchased the standard Pillsbury dough in a roll, but the last time I shopped at a club store, I noticed a 5-lb tub of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Dough
  • Plus, I love to eat these cookies when they're hot, and by baking just the number I need or want, I can do that
  • If you love Pillsbury and you like using their dough for cookies, I recommend the tub

• by Orrymain

Okay, I admit it. I’m a cookie dough fiend. Half the fun of using dough to make cookies is eating the dough while you’re laying it out on the cookie sheet to be baked. Just be careful, though — too much dough can really do you in.

For years, I’ve purchased the standard Pillsbury dough in a roll, but the last time I shopped at a club store, I noticed a 5-lb

tub of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Dough. I thought, ‘wow’. The price was so much better than purchasing the rolls, and I loved the convenience angle.

The large tub sits in the refrigerator. Whenever you want to bake some cookies, just take out the tub and scoop out however many spoonfuls of dough you need to bake. This is what I love about the tub. I often just want to bake ...

• a few cookies. I don’t want a whole bunch. Buying the tub allows me to do that. Plus, I love to eat these cookies when they’re hot, and by baking just the number I need or want, I can do that.

And, yes, if I just want a bite of dough for a treat, there it is!

The only negative that I’ve found is that when you get down to the last third,

it can be a little hard to spoon out the dough, but it’s small inconvenience that is easily remedied.

The tub says it makes 84 cookies. I haven’t counted, but I’m a satisfied and happy user. If you love Pillsbury and you like using their dough for cookies, I recommend the tub. It’s fairly long lasting and just gives so much freedom on how many cookies you bake and when.

This comes highly recommended.

elaine says :

How many cookies does a 5 lb tub of cokkie make?

Orrymain replies :

Hi Elaine — Per the tub, it says it makes 84 cookies.

dave murray says :

we bought a tub at sams club it was left on the top of refridgerator for a day never open is it still any good

Orrymain replies :

Hi, Dave. You know, I doubt it. It`s a product that is supposed to be refrigerated at all times. It`s cookie dough, and that can make you ill. To make sure, though, I`d contact Pillsbury check the container for a phone number or go to their pillsbury website and ask them. Good luck I just bought another container last week to enjoy. It`s good stuff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272802612070228/k2311a0228/2.28.09