The Official International Patrick Swayze Fan Club Magazine
  • The most recent issue had numerous color stills from Patrick's upcoming series on A&E called The Beast
  • I've just been so impressed for many years now with the quality of the magazine and the detail in which the themes are covered
  • If you're a Patrick Swayze fan, I highly recommend their member magazine, which is their main perk of joining

• by Orrymain

In my lifetime, I’ve been a member of many celebrity fan clubs, and have seen all kinds of newsletters and magazines sent out as part of those memberships. One of my all-time favorites is the magazine that is produced for members of The Official International Patrick Swayze Fan Club.

First of all, the issues always come enclosed in a protective holder, helping to keep them dry from moisture and free from tears and scratches. I’ve actually never seen this done before, so it’s something that is an extra plus for this

group.

Second, there’s most always at least one, if not two, 4×6 color photos of Patrick Swayze, some posed, some portraits, some from his movies, and some just at home, on his ranch. Sometimes he’s alone, sometimes with his animals, and sometimes with family members, especially his beautiful wife, Lisa Niemi.

The magazine itself, though, is what always amazes me. There’s usually a main feature dealing with one of Patrick’s movies. Sometimes it will include the media press kit, reprinted in its entirety and with the photos published as well.

• At other times, it’s coverage of some major event. If members have been fortunate to meet Patrick on set or otherwise, their stories are added to enhance the theme.

The photos are quality 8×10 shots. The most recent issue had numerous color stills from Patrick’s upcoming series on A&E called “The Beast”. Other black and white ones were included, too.

The magazine is printed on quality paper, which also protects it more than just average typing paper that newsletters are often printed on.

Of course, there’s usually a message from Patrick and Lisa,

telling their fans the latest news, which is always a joy to read.

I’ve just been so impressed for many years now with the quality of the magazine and the detail in which the themes are covered. The pictures often make my heart stop from the joy they bring. They really bring me into the moment, especially the off-set ones.

If you’re a Patrick Swayze fan, I highly recommend their member magazine, which is their main perk of joining. You can find information on the fan club at this link — http://www.patrickswayze.net/fanclub.htm

susan says :

does patrick read the information? I have a serious doctor who told me if i can get patrick`s phone number he would call him and help him. Can anyone help me please? This is a legit call. I am a lisenced State Farm Agent. any help would please be appreciated.

Orrymain replies :

Patrick has the best doctors money can buy. He`s happy with his treatment and he`s still hanging in there. He`s a fighter, and he`s doing everything he can to beat the cancer. I`m sure he appreciates your support and caring at the same time, please know he is getting the best treatment possible.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592802612060228/k2311a0228/2.28.09