Miracle movie
  • In another review for the made-for-TV movie, Miracle on Ice , I said I don't like hockey, and the truth is that I don't
  • What I love about this movie is that it maintains the integrity of the original story and that heart-stopping road to the Gold

• by Orrymain

In another review for the made-for-TV movie, “Miracle on Ice”, I said I don’t like hockey, and the truth is that I don’t. Yet, over a decade later, I still love the story of the 1980 USA Olympic hockey team and how they marched their way towards gold, sending a thunderous message to the Soviet Union during a dark time in our relationship with that mighty body.

In 2004, the memorable events of this triumph was retold in a theatrical film called “Miracle”. Once played by Karl

Malden and Andrew Stevens, the key personnel of Coach Herb Brooks and Team Captain Mike Eruzione are now played by Kurt Russell and Patrick O’Brien Dempsey.

The role of Patty Brooks, previously played by Jessica Walter, is now ably acted by Patricia Clarkson. Both of these women were a credit to the real Mrs. Brooks. They’re strong, and we can really see how Patty contributed to the success of the team by keeping Herb grounded while also giving him the freedom to do what he needed to ...

• make this team a winning team.

What I love about this movie is that it maintains the integrity of the original story and that heart-stopping road to the Gold. We feel the drama, more intensely actually than in the original. A longer running time, more time to prepare, and even changing culture probably accounts for that. The scene with the boys on the ice, running back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth — it breaks your heart at what it took for

them to continue. In the end, Brooks got what he wanted — a team, not of individuals, but of one soul, all playing for the United States of America. We’re there, every second, as the family forms.

Miracle” is a movie of heart and triumph. It’s tremendously well acted, and it stays true to the story. It stirs up positive emotions and it makes us proud. Just like “Miracle on Ice”, “Miracle” is a winner and well worth watching, not just once, but repeatedly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112802611990228/k2311a0228/2.28.09