USPS 2009 Early TV Memories stamps
  • Then there's Lucy and Ethel working the candy line in a classic scene from I Love Lucy
  • It's a great selection that honors the best of TV

• by Orrymain

The United States Post Office just released the stamps scheduled for release in 2009. Included among the issues are a set entitled Early TV Memories. I can’t wait for this set, and I certainly hope someone gifts me with a mint set. I can’t afford it on my own, but as a TV affectionado and stamp collector, this set is high up on my want list.

The set includes the wonderful Jack Webb, who brought us

three of my favorite all-time shows, “Adam-12″, “Emergency!”, and “Dragnet”. Webb had a talent for straight-forward dialog. He believed in law enforcement, and he was a huge voice for them for over three decades. He deserves to be honored, and I can’t wait to get one of his stamps.

Also included is “Perry Mason”, a scene with Raymond Burr and William Tallman featured, showing the two rivals facing off against each other. I have to get ...

• this one. “Perry Mason” is another of my big time faves.

Then there’s Lucy and Ethel working the candy line in a classic scene from “I Love Lucy”. It’s probably one of the most well-known moments in TV history, one that evokes laugh upon laugh. I’d love to get a letter with the image on it. Who cares about the mail? Just give me the stamp!

For me and my fellow animal lovers, we get

a beautiful portrait of Lassie in this collection as well. She’ll always live in our hearts.

Other honorees that are personal favorites include The Lone Ranger with Silver, Ozzie and Harriet, Rod Serling, Alfred Hitchcock, and George and Gracie.

This set is one of the post office’s best. It’s a great selection that honors the best of TV. I look forward to its release.

You can see the full set from this collection, an the other releases, too, at http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2008/pr08_136.htm

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122802611920228/k2311a0228/2.28.09