Jimmy Dean Muffin Sandwiches
  • I don't know if it has to do with how long the product was frozen (here or at the store or in transporting), or what the problem is

• by Orrymain

This is yet another Jimmy Dean product that I purchase a great deal — Jimmy Dean Muffin Sandwiches. The product is also available as a croissant, but I’ve never tried it.

The muffins are made with sausage, egg, and cheese. It’s ample size, so makes a filling meal. I’ve eaten at all times of the day.

They come two in a package,

each sealed in a plastic wrap which is easily undone to release the muffin. It’s a quick 65 seconds in the microwave to a tasty meal.

My one complaint is that this product has been a little inconsistent as far as the muffin is concerned. I can do the same preparation as always and then suddenly end up with a part of ...

• the muffin that isn’t cooked satisfactorily. I don’t know if it has to do with how long the product was frozen (here or at the store or in transporting), or what the problem is. I’ve never been able to pinpoint it, and I’ve tried different variations of cooking and defrosting (natural defrosting), but sometimes, that yucky, uncooked middle of the muffin
        happens.

Otherwise, I love this muffin. It’s satisfying, usually tasty, easy and quick to prepare, and from a trusted brand. I just have to mark it down in rating because of the weirdness with the muffin. Something just gets wacky in the consistency sometimes, and that’s something that has happened over the last couple of years and not just in a single period of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272802611890228/k2311a0228/2.28.09