Lexmark All-In-One X1195 Printer
  • It is easy to install and I had no problem navigating around the software to get my work done
  • The step-by-step instructions on screen are all one requires to resolve any issue
  • Though the cost of replacing the cartridges of this printer is not very high, it is even more cost effective to refill the cartridges

• by Jaywalker Jr

There are many Lexmark printers in the market. I possess a Lexmark All-In-One X1195, which is a printer, fax and scanner built into one. At the outset when I saw that the printer and the cartridges were made in the Philippines I was a bit skeptical about buying it. But the retailer gave me a few references and I checked with them over the phone and they were al l very pleased with the performance of the

unit. In fact, they had different models of the same company product.

Software: The Lexmark X1195 came with it’s own software which includes a character recognition software. This has been of immense use to me in my data conversion work. It is easy to install and I had no problem navigating around the software to get my work done.

Print Quality: The quality of the printing is fantastic, especially the black printing. I have even used it to take prints of photographs on photo paper and have been well pleased with the results.

Service: I can’t really comment on the service of the company in question because in the three years I have had the printer I have never had to call in a technician. Yes, there have been issues but the software provided with the printer is so user friendly that it guides one through any possible problem that can occur. The step-by-step instructions on screen ...

• Lexmark All-In-One X1195 Printer
      are all one requires to resolve any issue.

Cartridge Replacement: Though the cost of replacing the cartridges of this printer is not very high, it is even more cost effective to refill the cartridges. A new color cartridge will cost $30 US and a black Cartridge will cost $18 US. However, if you refill the cartridge yourself you can get yourself a kit (which consists of nothing but three 5 ml syringes with needles and four bottles of

ink for the cartridge) and you are set to refill your cartridges as many as 90 times. The refill kit will not cost you more than 40 dollars.

So far as the printing quality of a refilled cartridge is concerned I have personally found no difference in a new cartridge and an old one. Besides, I have refilled the black cartridge 23 times in the past three years and the color cartridge has been filled 19 times. They are still going strong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162802611570128/k2311a0228/2.28.09