Motorola ROKR vs. Motorola SLVR
  • THe screen hasn't scratched and I love the way it sounds
  • It was fun to see the difference, but over all I really enjoyed my phone better than they're newer, over-hyped phones
  • Overall I think the ROKR will be the better phone for a long while

• by AllenaDouglas
      The newest phones with the biggest hype lately have been phones with the music download/upload feature. I currently own one of those phones the Motorola ROKR. The ROKR is an incredibly durable phone, I have had it accidentally fall and hit hard wood floors and bounce of the seat in my car and hit the wall.

The screen glitched, I took the battery and sim chip for about 10 min and then it was just fine after. THe screen hasn’t

scratched and I love the way it sounds.

It has two speakers on either side of the phone, so if left playing on a surface you get the surround sound effect. I home the event lights and it has many different settings that you can change it to.

I had the chance to watch my friends playing with their Motorola SLVR’s and I noted a few differences. THe first was the speaker.

The SLVR has one speaker located on the ...

• back panel of the phone and we compared the loudness between my little ROKR and they’re wide SLVR and found that even when two of their phones are playing you still hear mine better. The appilcations are similar, and they both hold the same amount of music and data.

I didn’t notice any even lights on their phones when they went off, I don’t knwo if that feature was turned off or they don’t have one. When holding the phon

mine felt a little heavier, but it fit better in my hand.

I felt like I was always going to drop their SLVR’s when I went to scroll through the menu. It was fun to see the difference, but over all I really enjoyed my phone better than they’re newer, over-hyped phones.

They’re really not that thin. I didn’t see enough difference between my phone’s thickness and their’s.

Overall I think the ROKR will be the better phone for a long while.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3750661140430/k2311a065/6.5.06