The Charles Dickens Collection (BBC Video)  » Movies  »
Amazon.com Reviewer: Lorianna

• I am a huge Dickens fan, I've been hunting for different movie versions of his different stories for years, so this 2005 BBC release is a real treat for me
  • The set looks wonderful, and the movies are simply great

• I have bought this recently released boxed set of DVD’s on Amazon.com for $42, which I think is quite a bargain for 6 great movies. I am a huge Dickens fan, I’ve been hunting for different movie versions of his different stories for years, so this

2005 BBC release is a real treat for me. It includes some of the movies that were not previously available on DVD, and some that were out of print and could only be purchased as used. I could only find, for example, “Bleak House,” on Amazon marketplace as a used set of videos from three sellers, for prices starting at $80. And here I’ve got this movie and 5 more, for only $42! The movies included into this set are:

“Bleak House,” 1985, starring Diana Rigg and Denholm Elliot “Martin Chuzzlewit,” 1994, starring ...

• The Charles Dickens Collection (BBC Video)
      Paul Scofield, John Mills, Tom Wilkinson “Great Expectations,” 1981, starring Joan Hickson, Stratford Jones, Gerry Sundquist “Our Mutual Friend,” 1998, starring Keeley Hawes, Anna Friel, David Bradley “Oliver Twist,” 1985, starring Ben Rodska, Eric Porter, Michael Attwell, “Hard Times,” 1994, starring Alan Bates and Richard E.
      Grant

The DVD’s come in a nicely designed box featuring some of the characters. Each DVD cover is designed in similar style. The set looks wonderful, and the movies are simply great. It will make an excellent gift for any Charles Dickens fan or a fan of period movies. I rate it 10 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119096110530/k2311a0919/9.19.05