Delaware Museum of Natural History  » Entertainment  »
1.0
4840 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807
  • We were not very impressed with the museum
  • It may be more interesting for older children

• by Rebecca Hartman

My family recently visited the Delaware Museum of Natural History in Wilmington, DE. We were not very impressed with the museum.

It was smaller than we anticipated, and we were basically done in 30 minutes.

The nice thing was, we did not have to pay– they were

having a free open house.

We also liked that they had close parking.

Otherwise, I would have felt it was a total waste of money.

The only thing that interested our boys (ages 4 and 7) was a replica of a Dinosaur Skeleton on display.

The museum had other ...

• animal displays like a polar bear, various birds, and a collection of many different types of eggs.

They did have a little play room for children which had a pretend tree with different parts that opened with animal facts inside.

But it was pretty boring for my kids.

I

was told there was an outdoor area as well, but we went in winter weather so did not look for that.

I do not think we will return, unless we go for free again.

It may be more interesting for older children.

But it was not exciting for us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592702610630628/k2311a0227/2.27.09