Darth Vader Star Wars Force FX Lightsaber by Master Replicas  » Other  »
  • I think that the concept is really cool and I always wanted to have one of those things
  • I went to some toy stores and surprisingly I found it, exactly the one that I wanted
  • However, since the price was quite expensive, I decided to think carefully first before I made a decision
  • Motion sensors control the sound effects and I believe there are 6 different sounds

• by RYS

Star Wars is one of my favorite movies because I always like fantasy and space-related genre movies. I have watched all six episodes of Star Wars movies and I really like the lightsabers battles portrayed in every episode. I think that the concept is really cool and I always wanted to have one of those things. I never looked for any lightsabers replica seriously, but my desire was always there. I ever saw one that was sold extremely cheap, but the quality was also extremely bad. Basically it was only a red or green plastic lightsaber with a simple plastic handle.

I did not know what has happened around 3 weeks ago, but suddenly I wanted to have a lightsaber so bad. What I had in mind was a lightsaber that was

used by Darth Vader, the ultimate villain in the Star Wars saga. I went to some toy stores and surprisingly I found it, exactly the one that I wanted. This was not one of those cheap lightsabers since the price was around $150. I have checked the product, tried to wield it, and it looked cool. There were other lightsabers used by other characters like Yoda, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Maul, but I was only interested with the Darth Vader one. However, since the price was quite expensive, I decided to think carefully first before I made a decision.

I went home and I gathered some information and reviews from the internet. Most reviews are happy with the quality of the product and many of them were having fun playing with the ...

• lightsabers. After much consideration (one week to be exact), I gave up to my desire and bought my dream lightsaber. My friend was quite bewildered since a person at my age decided to buy something that sounds ridiculous (and expensive).

I went home, found some batteries, and swished the saber around. I like it a lot. The red blade ignites with realistic power-up and power-down light effects. The lightsaber also has authentic sound effects digitally recorded from the movie. Motion sensors control the sound effects and I believe there are 6 different sounds: power-up, idle hum, 2 sound effects for swishing, clashing, and power down. The handle is made from a kind of metal and the design is really similar like the one in the movie, although it’s a bit bigger because

it has to accommodate various electronics inside. The saber itself is quite durable. I tried to hit several objects and it remains good as ever. As long as you don’t swing it with a great force to hit a sturdy object, I think the light saber will be ok.

My lightsaber was produced by Master Replicas and the box says that this is an official reproduction of Darth Vader’s lightsaber from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The product includes a support or a hanger (whatever that thing calls) so you can display the lightsaber prominently. Now I put it in the guestroom so whenever my friends visit my house, I can show off a little bit. I am happy with my decision to buy the lightsaber. Perhaps other lightsabers will follow in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122502609310928/k2311a0225/2.25.09