The Holiday Candy Book by Virginia Pasley  » Books  »
  • I enjoyed the Christmas Cookie Book so much and use it every year for my holiday baking that I wanted to see what the candy book was like
  • For example, winter is best for nearly all candy making because the humidity is normally at its lowest and therefore produces the best candies

• by rambo78

This book was written by the author of The Christmas Cookie Book and that was the reason I purchased The Holiday Candy Book. I enjoyed the Christmas Cookie Book so much and use it every year for my holiday baking that I wanted to see what the candy book was like. In addition to doing a lot of baking during

the holiday season I also make a lot of Christmas candies and this book has also become indispensable to me.

The Holiday Candy Book not only has candy recipes for Christmas but also for spring, summer, and autumn holidays (or just candy making during those seasons). The author, Virginia Pasley, details the weathers’ effects on candy making (especially the humidity at various ...

• times of the year) which is a great help for the candy maker. For example, winter is best for nearly all candy making because the humidity is normally at its lowest and therefore produces the best candies. The author also includes candies that can be made anytime of the year despite the humidity.

Two of the chapters I use most are

Children’s Candies and Making Candy in Large Quantities. The children’s candies are easy and safe candies for children to make and the large quantities are perfect for my holiday candy trays. The author also includes some of the more old fashioned candy recipes that are hard to find.

I really enjoy the cookbooks that Virginia Pasley writes because of their simplicity and traditional recipes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172502608770828/k2311a0225/2.25.09