BibleGateway.com  » Web sites  »
  • For example, today I needed Apostle Paul's statement about love - If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal

• by Lorianna

BibleGateway. com is very helpful when you need to quickly find a Bible verse.

Even if you don’t remember what book of the Bible it’s in or only know a couple of words from the verse, you will be able to look it up at BibleGateway.

For example, today I needed

Apostle Paul’s statement about love - “If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

” I knew it was somewhere in Corinthians, but couldn’t remember the chapter, let alone verse, and had no time ...

• to page through my Bible.

I went to BibleGateway, typed in “tongues of angels and men,” and bingo! Within seconds, the verse I needed was right there in front of me.

BibleGateway.

com has the Bible in many different languages.

There are 19 English language versions, so you can pick the

one you prefer (I usually use NIV).

You can search by keywords or by topic.

When you have found the verse you need, you have the option of reading the whole chapter, and also the next or previous chapter.

This is very neat if you want to see the quote in context.

BibleGateway.com
    pat hatsy says :

scripture verse mentioning Solomon`s star?

Galega says :

The life of Solomon is primarily described in 2 Samuel, 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles. His two names mean “peaceful” and “friend of God”, both considered “predictive of the character of his reign”.

pat hatsy says :

verse mentioning Solomon`s star?

Michelle says :

What color can best describe god`s love and why?

Kreighton Rahn says :

Hmm, really good question. I would say either green or yellow. Green because it’s a living and powerful love that fuels us. Yellow because His love is amazing and awesome. Also, just like you have to shield your eyes from the yellow sun light, we are not worthy of His love. You could make a case for pretty much any color, however.

Galega says :

Two colors - Green because it symbolizes nature and our very existence. It exhibits hope. And, then, it will be golden color. Gold is the color most used to symbolize the Divine connection and each figure connected to christ, including Jesus himself, has a golden halo drawn around their head to show their loyalty to Jesus during his crucifixion. The most symbolic color in this painting would be red.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2030660870430/k2311a063/6.3.06