Ariete Gratì Easy 444 grater
  • If you buy a pack of 300g of Grana Padano where I buy it you will pay 12 Euro for 1 Kg, so those 200g would cost you about 4 Euro while if you buy 1kg you will pay that 1 kg about 8 Euro, so it is much more convenient to buy a big one, but then it takes you a long time to grate it
  • It wasn't cheap, I paid it 30 Euro although it actually cost more than 40 but in the end I ended up quite satisfied with my purchase
  • Usually I like Ariston products in general, I have a few of them at home and I consider Arite to be a brand of quality
  • As I am always every enthusiastic about stuff that I buy it very difficult for me to leave the grater plugged for 15 hours but I did it because I know that if you don't do what the instructions tell you too you can end up messing up something
  • I would recommend this product to everyone who grates a lot and who likes cheese, but if you don't really grate a lot I advise using the old manual grated because it is much easier to use and it doesn't take 15 hours for it to recharge so it is always ready

• by lorelai

I have never had an electric grater, we usually grate just cheese and when you just buy it it still isn’t totally dry so it isn’t that difficult to grate it. The job is not very difficult but it lasts for quite a long time specially because we buy really big pieces of dry cheese because they are usually much less expensive than small ones. If you buy a pack of 300g of Grana Padano where I buy it you will pay 12 Euro for 1 Kg, so those 200g would cost you about 4 Euro while if you buy 1kg you will pay that 1 kg about 8 Euro, so it is much more convenient to buy a big one, but then it takes you a long time to grate it. If you do one part today and the other in a few days you will realize that the second part is much more difficult to grate because it drys fast. And when you are grating by hands sometimes you grate a part of your nail or even of your skin.

That’s really disgusting, specially if it finishes in the grated cheese. In my family we were always grating by hands and it never even came across my mind to actually buy an electric grater, but as I really like going around the mall looking for discounts one day I saw Ariete Gratì Easy 444 grater and it was on discount. It wasn’t cheap, I paid it 30 Euro although it actually cost more than 40 but in the end I ended up quite satisfied with my purchase. Usually I like Ariston products in general, I have a few of them at home and I consider Arite to be a

brand of quality.

When I came home with my new grater, I realized that I didn’t have any cheese to grater so I run to do store and bought the biggest piece I could find. Usually among the big cheaper pieces I look for the smallest one, just because I hate to grate it but that that I wanted the biggest one. I wanted to start grating immediately but surprise surprise the thing has to charge for 15 hours before you use it. As I am always every enthusiastic about stuff that I buy it very difficult for me to leave the grater plugged for 15 hours but I did it because I know that if you don’t do what the instructions tell you too you can end up messing up something.

But it is not that only the first time you have to charge it for 15 hours, each time you recharge it you have to leave it plugged in for 15 hours, and that’s really a long time, because otherwise it won’t work. It is really easy to use,you just have to put a piece of chese in it, not a big one, and push the button to make it start, with other hand you have to push the cap which is pushing the cheese down so that it stays always on the role that is grating. It really makes grating easy and fast. Another very inconvenient little detail about this grater is the cleaning part.

You can’t put it directly in the water. You have to take it to pieces and clean it piece by piece. I am not a very patient person so when I use the grater I always grate a lot of cheese and than put it ...

• in the freezer. I know that a lot of people say that it is much better when it is fresh but just knowing that I will have to clean the grater each time I use it makes me doesn’t wanna use it, and the fact that you have to charge it for a long time makes me forget to recharge it, so I really don’t want to grate just little bit of cheese each time I need it, it is much easier this way.

You get the charger with this grater and when it is in charge there’s a red light on, so that you know that it is plugged in correctly and so that you could know when it is fully recharged. It is good to empty the battery, I mean, to use the grater until the battery is completely empty than to recharge it while there’s still energy in it, but I don’t always do that because I would hate to remain out of battery when I am using this grater. I am not really a big fan of instructions but with Ariete Grati Easy you get very simple instructions so it is not so annoying to read and follow them. The grater has a plastic cover which, can’t be completely closed so you have to be very careful not to turn it upside down by accident because there’s nothing that would stop all the cheese inside to fall out.

It is quite interesting to watch the cheese coming out from the big round tube. It was cool to put a small piece of the cheese on the grater and grate directly on pasta, but as we have usually have large quantities of cheese already in the freezer we rarely

do that. Sometimes I use this grater to grate nuts, chocolate and similar stuff but as it is difficult to clean it I must admit that I don’t use it all that often, it mainly serves to grate the cheese. Ariete Gratì Easy 444 grater is of a pale olive green colour, it has a very nice modern design.

To me it looks like the peanut in the peal. In the front part there’s a hole on the right from which the grated cheese comes out and on the left there’s written Ariete Grati easy. The grater can’t be used by people who don’t have strong hands or have small hands because you have to constantly push the button that makes the grater function and you also have to push the cover that pushes the cheese. The grater is also very silent and it is also very small so it doesn’t take a lot of room.

I would recommend this product to everyone who grates a lot and who likes cheese, but if you don’t really grate a lot I advise using the old manual grated because it is much easier to use and it doesn’t take 15 hours for it to recharge so it is always ready. I am satisfied with the way is grates the cheese because it does it very well and the cheese is really perfect but still it takes a long time to take it a part and clean it. My opinion about this grater is positive because we use a lot of cheese and it isn’t easy to grate it by hands but it certainly has quite a lot of flaws. It is very practical to use it…once you recharge it…but it is much less practical to clean it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532502608600828/k2311a0225/2.25.09