Dorsett Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong  » Hotels  »
2.0
48 Anchor Street Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon Hong Kong
  • I love how the shrimps were fried and it tasted so yummy

• by ibizaspain

It was winter when I visited Hong Kong. I was excited because my purpose was to shop. Usually, in Hong Kong they go on sale those items which are off season. When I arrived the air was relaxing. Cold but soothing.

I stayed at Dorsett Kowloon Hotel. My stay was average. These are the reasons.

I did not like the hotel lobby. It was clean but everything

seems flat. The staff was very accommodating though. The girl was very quick with the registration but she has an attitude. I did not like the people including the bell boy because they have a thick mandarin accent with a light british accent. The bell boy was very helpful though but I had difficulty understanding them.

The room was small and like the hotel at Empire Hotel, it looked like a modern hospital room. The TV was small and it was hung in the wall. I really don’t like this kind of style. It repulses me because it can cause stiff neck. I appreciate though that they had clean fabrics and the towel smelled nice. The bed and the pillows were comfy.

The internet connection in my room was awful. I had to check ...

• Dorsett Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
      my emails during that time when I couldn’t connect to the internet. I complained but they were not able to resolve it. I had to reboot my Macbook but then again still the same. I felt extreme inconvenience when I had to go out and seek a coffee shop which has wi-fi connection.

This hotel does not have massage and fitness center. It was a total mark

down for me.

The food was sumptuous. I liked their selection for chinese cuisine which was cooked nicely. I love how the shrimps were fried and it tasted so yummy. The food service was fast and the waiter seems nice.

This hotel is only good for an overnight stay or you are not wanting any vacation or total relaxation. With limited space and facilities, surely you will reach boredom than expected.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22402607610728/k2311a0224/2.24.09