Yankee Stadium  » Travel  »
Bronx, NY
  • If you ever get the chance to visit New York and you are a baseball fan I suggest that you take a trip and visit Yankee Stadium
  • Most new stadiums have a dome and it was a problem since it ruined a lot of games
  • Now, as for things I did like mostly this was the atmosphere and the fact that the experience was a lot of fun

• by rich

If you ever get the chance to visit New York and you are a baseball fan I suggest that you take a trip and visit Yankee Stadium. Like many other teams they are changing stadiums and this stadium will no longer be used because they are building a new stadium in New York which is supposed to be high tech. Now, this is what this version of Yankee Stadium was missing is the technology because it did not have a dome on the stadium and this means that the Yankee team would not be able to play a game if it was raining.

Most new stadiums have a dome and it was a problem since it ruined a lot of games. Also, the other problem

with this stadium is that they had old seating that was made of wood.

They were not the original seats that were placed in there when the stadium opened. However, they were bad because they were uncomfortable and chipping paint which is potentially toxic which worried me.

The seats did fold up which is pretty nice and compact but they were not comfortable at all. I wish that they had cushion or something to provide a decent feeling.

Another problem was that there is no place for you to put your drinks. This meant that most people were fearing that others would kick over their drinks.

While this is not the worst it could be you are bothered by no cup holder because it ...

• makes you less likely to buy a drink since it is hard for you to drink the item. Now, as for things I did like mostly this was the atmosphere and the fact that the experience was a lot of fun.

There was a lot of cheering and a lot of fan participation which made the experience unique and provided something I was unable to find anywhere else. Another thing I loved was that they had a wide range of ticket prices available.

I was able to get tickets in the bleachers for $10 which is very inexpensive. They do have tickets that cost $100 but I can tell you that the fans in the bleacher section are loud and create a very hectic

experience that I loved.

Another thing I enjoyed about this experience was that they had a ton of items that you could take away from the stadium for under $20 which includes helmets, gloves and t-shirts which is something that children enjoy. I liked this because there were a lot of vendors who were selling jerseys for cheap This meant that I got a jersey for $40 which is far below what it would normally go for.

All and all I spend about $80 on the game including a jersey, a shirt and some food. The hotdogs were $5 which is way too expensive for food.

I tried to sneak food in there but it did not work, this was a great experience for me at a low price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382302607071128/k2311a0223/2.23.09