CVS Free Health Screening  » Health  »
  • Also, since I had no insurance I would otherwise not be able to pay for the screening and I will not be able to avoid illness
  • However, I decided to get there and speak with one of their customer service representatives
  • What I liked about this is that it was free and I found it to be very helpful in terms of my health

• by rich

If you are someone who is looking for a way to stay on top of your health and you do not have any money to spend to go see a doctor then you probably have been forced to go without care. This is something that I struggled with for a long time because I did not have the large amount of money that you would have to pay at a doctor. Also, since I had no insurance I would otherwise not be able to pay for the screening and I will not be able to avoid illness.

I had spoken with a friend that has insurance when I was looking for options that I could use to get blue pressure screening and he

told me that I could get one at my local CVS. I was hesitant because I figured that it would actually run me a lot of money once I took the test.

However, I decided to get there and speak with one of their customer service representatives. I was told that I would need an appointment and that I would need to choose what type of screening I wanted to have.

You can choose from obesity screening, blue pressure or diabetes screening . Basically this required me to just fill out a simple form asking me my name and address along with the type of screening that I wanted.

I was told that I could only choose one so I went for the blood pressure ...

• screening and you also need to choose a time and CVS location. Once this is set you will need to give them your phone number, they will call you before your appointment in order to make sure you will actually show up.

Once you get there you will not need to wait to be seen. Basically you just check in and go to the back of the store and the pharmacist will come out and speak too you.

You basically tell her your situation and why you would like a free screening, this may seem like an annoying step but it is painless and a lot like small talk. She hooked the compressor on my arm and then tightened it.

At first I was

very tense and we had to run the test again and at this point she informed me that we needed to do it again. She calmed me down and did it again and I was able to get a number, she told me that it was very high and so I asked her what I should do.

She told me that I should take some pills that would help to lower it. She also said that practicing some yoga and relaxation things would help.

She gave me some tips and told me to come back in a month and I thanked her for the help. What I liked about this is that it was free and I found it to be very helpful in terms of my health.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342302607061128/k2311a0223/2.23.09