Hog Wild Festival in Corinth Mississippi  » Entertainment  »
Hog Wild Festival in Corinth Mississippi
  • I think that what make this such a great festival is that it is fun for the whole family
  • All of the food booths, everything is so delicious and they have all of the typical carnival games for the kids
  • A great addition that I noticed this year was this great cool booth that had the usual face painting, but they also added temporary tatoos, and hair coloring

• by alwayswinning

The Hog Wild Festival in Corinth Mississippi has been a long standing southern tradition for a long time. We just attended this festival tonight and my family and I had a great time. I think that what make this such a great festival is that it is fun for the whole family. To start off with every body loves that there are teams that get together and have a great time cooking.

They give away as much food as they can. The rest goes to feed the crew and their families and of course have some for the judges to sample. They have all kinds of delicious food.

The name Hog Wild tells you of course that there is a lot of barbeque and ribs but that have also added other categories like chicken,

baked beans and etc so it is a great opportunity to let all of the local cooks have a great friendly rivalry. That alone is a good time. Adding to the good time every night in the cooking area different bands also play.

There is a wide varieties of types of music, so there is something for everyone in that area also. A few blocks up around the county courthouse they set up the carnival rides. There are a great variety of rides, something for the little ones and some a little scarier for the grown ups and the older kids.

There is so much to see and do for the kids. All of the food booths, everything is so delicious and they have all of the typical carnival games for the kids. A great addition that ...

• I noticed this year was this great cool booth that had the usual face painting, but they also added temporary tatoos, and hair coloring.

How much fun is that? I think kids and grown ups could both get a kick out of getting some tatoos and maybe trying some hair painting. I know I really wanted to try some pink or purple stripes! But did not really have the extra money for that. This is overall a wonderful tradition that we in this town love to get ready for and participate in every year in every way that we can.

We all look forward to it all summer long and the weather usually cools off just in time to make it very comfortable. That is a great bonus, as I really am not fond of the

festivals that are held mid summer when the weather is scorching hot. It was just perfect as we strolled around tonight.

Another great thing that you cant find in a big city only at these types of small town festivals is that you run into all of your friend, family, church members and sometimes people you have not seen in a long time. That is really special. The only thing I do have a gripe with is that the price of the rides is very high.

We chose to but the arm bands instead of the tickets because they seemed to be a better deal. Still they were fifteen dollars a piece. So with three of us riding that was a little much.

That is my only gripe though and I think high carnival ride prices is the norm now a days.

Rhonda Lee says :

I think the BBQ is good and the music is good and the carnival rides are great for the kids, but the Beer and Drinking is definitely not a family oriented event. It`s definitely not a very Christian like atmosphere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592302606761028/k2311a0223/2.23.09