Amishville Campground in Berne Indiana
  • It is very convenient for us tent campers so I really like that

• by alwayswinning

Amishville Campground in Berne Indiana is a great place to visit. My whole family loves it , (and I do mean my whole family as we have our family reunion there every year). Of course the fact that it is in Amish country is great. It is so peaceful and quiet. The town is so small and quant with only a couple of small little stores.

But I guess I should start with telling you about the campground and why we all love it so much. The camping itself is great. Lots of wooded areas and some more open so it just depends on what you like. There is a lake that you can swim or fish in so all the guys and the kids really love it.

We also love getting together

and playing at the volley ball nets. There are a couple of play grounds that the kids all really get a kick out of. There are shower houses for those who don’t have a camper and are using a tent, so within easy walking distance you can go get your shower. It is very convenient for us tent campers so I really like that.

And they keep them very clean and every thing is always in good working order. Also inside the campground there are several other things we enjoy very much. There is a covered bridge that goes over a stream. It is so cool to walk over that bridge that is one of the first things everyone looks forward to.

They also have bingo night, everybody brings a lawn ...

• chair, they pass around a bucket and you put in your dime for that game, whoever wins gets all of the dimes. It is great fun for everyone. They also pop popcorn in a big iron kettle over a fire. The whole atmosphere is just super.

Then there is the Amish gift shop that is inside the campground. It is filled with all kind of amish hand made things, from dolls to hats, furniture, everything you can imagine. The atmosphere inside there is also very primitive and amish feeling. There is a barn with all kinds of animals, horses, goats, bunnies, peacocks, and they are all very tame.

You can by ice cream cones full of animal food that you can feed them. This is one of the kids favorite things. They

beg to go in there every time we get near it. The amish restaurant that is also there on the campground is excellent.

You really get the great home made amish food and the atmosphere is amish in there like all of the other attractions at the campground. The service is excellent and the food can’t be beat. We love riding around the community and seeing all of the amish homes and the amish community. It is really cool and it gives you the taste of a totally different culture.

There is also a horse and buggy ride available at the campground. It is a really cool experience. If you have never seen an amish community and you are ever passing near Berne Indiana I strongly suggest you stop by and see how cool it is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382302606751028/k2311a0223/2.23.09