Cheesy Meatloaf  » Recipes  »
  • I found it easier to mix this by hand instead of using a spoon

• by mbowie

I like meatloaf. However, my husband is not a fan of it. I was looking online for a new recipe for meatloaf. I was hoping to find something different enough that it might appeal to my husband. I found a recipe for a cheesy meatloaf. I made some changes to the original recipe and it turned out great. My husband liked it.

I mixed about two pounds of lean ground beef, one ounce envelope of dry

onion soup mix, two eggs (beaten), 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs, black pepper to taste, 3/4 cups of beef broth (can use water), and about 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. I found it easier to mix this by hand instead of using a spoon. I then put half of the mixture into a casserole dish. I sprinkled about 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on the meatloaf. Then I put the rest of the meatloaf on top and ...

• sealed the edges of the loaf. I spread a small amount of ketchup on top. The meatloaf is then baked at 350 for about sixty minutes. I used a casserole dish instead of a loaf pan because, I had read that there would be a good amount of grease once this meatloaf is cooked. With the cheese, etc., there really was a lot of grease in the dish. I put the lid on the casserole dish to where
        I could drain the grease out. The meatloaf itself wasn’t greasy since, I could poor out the grease. The only thing I would change next time is that I probably wouldn’t put any cheese in the middle of the meatloaf. I will mix all of the cheese into it.

I will be adding this recipe to my list of favorites. I also think I might try some other variations too. For example, using mozzarella cheese and diced tomatoes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492302606531028/k2311a0223/2.23.09