Little Children (R, 2006) movie  » Movies  »
  • What makes this film so interesting is that the narration is so drab, so dry
  • While I thought it was very good, I didn't find it particularly riveting

• by Famous

I had been skipping this film over and over again in my Netflix queue. When it finally arrived, I was skeptical about whether I would like the movie. I understood that it was about suburban life, particularly two unhappy married people (married to other people) who end up having an affair.

What makes this film so interesting is that the narration is so drab, so dry. The narrator says these intensely personal things in such a monotone voice, that the film has an air of comedy.

The scenes depicted therein are so brightly filmed, and so benign, that you wonder whether you are supposed to laugh, or be completely drawn into the drama. The answer is: both.

Kate Winslet supposedly won an Oscar for her performance. While I thought it was very good, I didn’t find it particularly riveting.

In any event, I loved where the film went in terms ...

• Little Children (R, 2006) movie
      of movement, action, and plot development. Towards the end, I felt that things got a little haywire.

I am wondering whether the director meant for the film to have that feel. I just got the impression that the action was falling apart.

I also wasn’t as happy about the

ending. There were just a few threads that I would have tied more tightly in terms of plot.

But overall, this is a highly engaging film that holds the interest. I just didn’t care for the ending too much.

Rent this if you like intelligent dramas focused on the problems within suburbia.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112302606180928/k2311a0223/2.23.09