Born Clothing Line  » Clothes  »
2.5
  • Interesting choice of ad for such an obscure label
  • I like the clothes, but wish that something more creative was done to market them

• by Famous

Again, here is an ad for a clothing line that I have never heard of before. The advertisers have used a cheesy snowy effect that was placed around the page.

I imagine that this was done to give the notion that the woman is in a cooler climate, especially since the clothing looks very “autumn-like.

Her muted oatmeal tones, bulky sweater, and knee-length coat make her look very warm and comfortable in her clothes.

The emblem for this label also intrigues me.

It is a crown or crest of some sort placed inside an “O.

” I really don’t know what this logo has to do with the word “born”; but ...

• I still get the idea that this line is kind of pricey.

To be frank, the clothes themselves are quite lovely in an understated way.

The ad itself though is rather unimaginative.

I don’t even find the model to be particularly attractive—plain even.

There is something about this line that reminds me

of Phat Farm, or any of the Sean Jean clothes.

But again, the plain nature perhaps was also the intent of marketers to use someone who could easily fit into the landscape of America.

Interesting choice of ad for such an obscure label.

I like the clothes, but wish that something more creative was done to market them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 552302605900928/k2311a0223/2.23.09