Little Shots of Happiness (R, 2000) movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I thought I would like this movie more than I did
  • And while that might have added to the authentic feel, I found it intrusive
  • Additionally, Frances is quite a boring lady, even after she decides to leave her husband in exchange for a more carefree lifestyle
  • She ends up with some rather interesting and trifling characters, ultimately falling into the home of an anxiety-ridden young man who ultimately arrives at her home to return her wallet

• by Famous

I thought I would like this movie more than I did. The filming is extremely grainy. And while that might have added to the authentic feel, I found it intrusive.

Additionally, Frances is quite a boring lady, even after she decides to leave her husband in exchange for a more “carefree”

lifestyle. I can understand all the parallels that the director probably wants us to focus on: boredom with marriage, work, inner conflict, societal views, etc.

etc. But this was such a mish-mash of action that I found the movie more claustrophobic than enlightening.

Perhaps this too, was the intent of the filmmakers. But I doubt it.

I watched the movie, following Frances along as she hopped from bed to bed, not even having sex all the time. She ends up with some rather interesting and trifling characters, ultimately falling into the home of an anxiety-ridden young man who ultimately arrives ...

• Little Shots of Happiness (R, 2000) movie
      at her home to return her wallet.

The events that unfold after that are kind of fuzzy to me. To be frank, I lost interest along the way quite a few times.

And while the quirkiness of the story is very appealing to me, I found that much of the action

and storyline I could do without. I suspect that if you are a film student, you will have a field day dissecting the events and characters.

But since I am NOT a film student, I simply found this movie a bit indulgent and unnecessary. Even indie films can get a bad rap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112302605650828/k2311a0223/2.23.09