Bliss (Oh! Oxygen TV series)  » TV  »
  • But I thought that some of the sexual tension would be a little more authentic
  • I know these are really supposed to be fantasy-based, which is why I can give the series a bit of a reprieve from too harsh judgment
  • It's obvious that the stories are told from a female perspective, which I love
  • They use women of all races, and have no problem introducing interracial couples into the storylines with no fanfare whatsoever

• by Famous

Bliss (Oxygen TV series) - I had never heard of this series until I started perusing Netflix and ran across it. I had heard of female erotica before, but didn’t think much of it. I’m not a fan of the Lifetime channel, and thought that this Oxygen series would be pretty bland.

For the most part it is very softcore. I have seen all three seasons of the series

and have come to the conclusion that while the acting got better from the first series, the actual storylines (and intensity of erotic scenes) was diminished.

I wasn’t looking for anything hard core. But I thought that some of the sexual tension would be a little more authentic.

It seemed that some of the scenes were thrown together just so that the attractive male and female could hook up. I know ...

• these are really supposed to be fantasy-based, which is why I can give the series a bit of a reprieve from too harsh judgment.

Anyway, I got the idea that this Canadian show was supposed to be like Red Shoe Diaries for women. It’s obvious that the stories are told from a female perspective, which I love.

And the 30-minute format is good for this type of show. (Although, when

rented on DVD - each episode is more like 21minutes.

) Another thing that I liked was the director’s approach to casting. They use women of all races, and have no problem introducing interracial couples into the storylines with no fanfare whatsoever.

In fact, I was surprised to see quite a few with black women/white men, as opposed to the other way around. This series is entertaining at best.

But don’t expect too much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102302605590828/k2311a0223/2.23.09