Homeport by Nora Roberts  » Books  »
  • I think her plot was kind of typical-bad guy got close to good girl so he can use her but eventually fell in love with her
  • I enjoyed reading the lovebirds banter especially at the part where they had to go country-hopping to look for the stolen statute

• by mhii_star

This was the first book I read written by Nora Roberts and even though I became well-acquainted with her other books, this is and will always be my favorite.

I think her plot was kind of typical-bad guy got close to good girl so he can use her but eventually fell in love with her. Even though the plot was typical,

she made the characters and the conversations quirky and funny. Nora Robert’s writing here was superb as she made the people seem alive and real. They were so human.

I had fun reading it! I stayed up late at night just to finish the book because I couldn’t put it down. I fell in love with the characters. I got goosebumps.

• I was thrilled with the love story and got teary-eyed with the family conflicts and problems. I enjoyed reading the lovebirds banter especially at the part where they had to go country-hopping to look for the stolen statute.

I loved the ending. I think it was romantic and awfully sweet of the guy. I loved how he did his proposal. He

showed Miranda that he can give up his worldly treasures as long as he gets to have her with him forever.

Andrew’s (Miranda’s brother) love story was also funny yet endearing. I sighed after his love story was concluded. It showed how love can really change a person.

I reread Homeport whenever I feel like it because I just love everyone there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172302605020728/k2311a0223/2.23.09