Sushi Kaya Grove, IL  » Restaurants  »
6026 Dempster St Morton Grove, IL
  • The restaurant is small, has 15 or so tables, but has a pretty huge menu, and almost everything I tried there (and I've been there 3 times already) is delicious
  • Since the place is not very popular, waiting times are usually very short, I don't think we ever had to wait more than 10 minutes for the order to be brought
  • Also, they have some kind of ice cream for the desert, and I highly recommend you try their Mango ice cream, it's very good
  • Well, it's kinda far from downtown Chicago (25 min drive), but if you live in the northern suburbs, it's definitely worth checking out

• by Zuks

This is really a small gem of a restaurant located just of the 94 highway (exit on Dempster). It’s well hidden and you can drive past it 100 times without noticing it, but if you do, it’s well worth stopping there.

I tried there (and I’ve been there 3 times already) is delicious.

Not a huge fan of sushi, but they are pretty tasty there, and they are done right in front of you.

California roll, various tuna sushi are all very good (albeit I’m not an expert on sushi, I liked it).

They also have delicious noodle soups - ...

• I ordered one with beef and vegetables and it was exceptional.

Since the place is not very popular, waiting times are usually very short, I don’t think we ever had to wait more than 10 minutes for the order to be brought.

their Mango ice cream, it’s very good.

So, just to reiterate, among pluses: good food, reasonable prices, excellent atmosphere (if you like to enjoy your food in a quiet place without anyone interrupting), very short wait times.

Minuses? Well, it’s kinda far from downtown Chicago (25 min drive), but if you live in the northern suburbs, it’s definitely worth checking out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72202604551028/k2311a0222/2.22.09