Prince Caspian  » Movies  »
  • I think that the movie Prince Caspian is unduly overlooked
  • I greatly recommend Prince Caspian to fantasy fans

• by Lorianna

I think that the movie Prince Caspian is unduly overlooked. I am a huge fan of Narnia, so maybe I’m biased, but I do believe that this movie deserves far more recognition and rave. Ever since the first Narnia movie was released, I looked forward to Prince Caspian; the release kept being delayed, so it was a long wait, but I was not disappointed. The creators of

the movie brought Narnia to life yet again.

The Narnia we see in Prince Caspian is different than what we saw in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. When Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy return to Narnia, they learn that centuries have passed since their last visit. The castle they had lived at is in ruins. The native Narnians talking animals, dwarfs, and such ...

• are forced into hiding by humans who now rule the realm.

Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy soon understand that they were called to help Prince Caspian, whose evil uncle Miraz wants to kill him and become king. Prince Caspian flees the castle and joins the native Narnians. Caspian’s teacher, a half-dwarf, had taught the prince about old Narnia, so the prince is willing to give the land

back to those who own it. Miraz, however, will not give up without a fight.

The movie is very well made - great casting, excellent costumes, scenery. There are a lot of computer generated creatures, and they are very real looking. Some parts of the story are changed, but if you have not read the book, you will not notice that. I greatly recommend Prince Caspian to fantasy fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112202604401028/k2311a0222/2.22.09