The Chocolate Marjolaine of the Red Ribbon Bake Shop
Manila Philippines
  • The whole staff was looking for a cake to gift our lady Boss so I went to the Red Ribbon Bake Shop Taft Avenue, Manila branch which is near our office and there I chose the Chocolate Marjolaine which cost around $20
  • I love chocolate cakes so I ignored the other cakes and concentrated on the Chocolate Marjolaine which I myself bought
  • Little did I know that it will be the start of my addiction to this cake
  • As I tasted this cake I immediately noticed this is not just like the chiffon cakes that will leave you quite filled with air but this one is different
  • I believe this is the best cake I've ever eaten

• by ladyli

I have always been fond of chocolate cakes but I never really knew that I could be so crazy with one kind of chocolate cake which I tasted first during the birthday party of my lady Boss. The whole staff was looking for a cake to gift our lady Boss so I went to the Red Ribbon Bake Shop Taft Avenue, Manila branch which is near our office and there I chose the “Chocolate Marjolaine” which cost around $20. During the party, we gave it to our

Boss along with the flowers we bought for her as well and she was very pleased.

So it was eating time and everyone was filled. Then my Boss opened all the boxes of cakes she received that day and that included “Chocolate Marjolaine” we gave her. Then she invited everyone to partake. I love chocolate cakes so I ignored the other cakes and concentrated on the “Chocolate Marjolaine” which I myself bought. Little did I know that it will be the start of my addiction to this ...

• cake.

I am fond of chocolate cake but I would not want it pure chocolate. Chocolate Marjolaine fits exactly what I so desire of a chocolate cake. As I tasted this cake I immediately noticed this is not just like the chiffon cakes that will leave you quite filled with air but this one is different. I it mixed with other ingredients that enhanced its taste all the more. It has crispiness but very luscious to my palate. I believe this is the best cake I’ve ever eaten. It

has layers of meringue wafers filled with praline cream, loaded on top with chocolate, roasted cashews and a tower of premium chocolate. What is even more inviting about this cake is that it is not too sweet as the other cakes but very scrumptious.

Since then, I’ve always crave for “Chocolate Marjolaine”. It’s so different from the other cakes I’ve tasted and most of the time I would really crave for it. I can eat as much as I want of this cake and I never really lost my appetite for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272002603280628/k2311a0220/2.20.09