Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson
  • The characters were unique and interesting, and until the end, I could hardly keep up with who I thought was innocent and who I thought had done it

• by alisiamae2515

While reading this compelling murder/mystery by Lisa Jackson, I was completely spellbound and could hardly put it down! The question of what could possibly come next was ever present in my mind, and I was kept on my toes throughout the whole book. The characters were unique and interesting, and until the end, I could hardly keep up with who I thought was innocent and who I thought had done it!

Cissy Cahill is the heiress grandaughter of the rich and wealthy Eugenia Cahill, and daughter of “psyco” Marla Amhurst Cahill. Cissy has enough

on her plate after serving her husband Jack with divorce papers and caring for her 18 month old B.J., when she finds out that the psycho mother that has been in prison for 10years, has escaped. Very quickly her world starts to unravel when she finds her grandmother murdered in her very own home. All suspicion point to the escaped Marla, and even more fingers are pointed that direction when Marla’s brother Rory is also murdered. Yet what they all couldn’t guess was the deep family secret that has brought someone back for revenge.

...

• This person in the background is a woman who wants to exact revenge and get even for a slight she feels was brought upon her. She worms her way into the lives of Cissy and her family without even being suspected. Cissy starts to notice things missing, and footsteps in the background. She begins to wonder if her mother is trying to haunt and scare her, and yet is even more horrified when another family member is murdered, and then her son is kidnapped. She is right to be afraid, but she has no idea just
        how much.

Jackson even worked at throwing the reader off with a few little tid bits that would get me wondering, and then I was absolutely shocked when I continued to the outcome. That is the really good thing about a great book. When you can constantly keep guessing what will happen next, and continue to be surprised! Getting into the book was easy because I felt Cissy’s grief as my own, consoled with her anger, and was just as scared when her son was kidnapped. I was totally entrapped in this book form cover to cover.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172002602810528/k2311a0220/2.20.09